This creamy mushroom pasta bake is the perfect comforting vegetarian meal for easy weeknight dinners. A more sophisticated take on mac and cheese, this golden-topped casserole has roasted mushrooms adding deep, earthy character.
- 750g of gorgonzola piccante
- 250g of grated pecorino romano
- 1L of cream
- 25g of dried porcini mushrooms
- 80g of butter
- 80g of flour
- 500ml of milk
- 500ml of hot water
- 10g of salt
- 5g of nutmeg
- 500g of Rummo Lumachine pasta
- Prepare the cheese cream by heating up the cream with the gorgonzola and pecorino, until they are melted.
- Soak the dried porcini in the hot water for 5 minutes, then chop them roughly. Save the water.
- Melt the butter in the pan, then add the flour and stir it for 1 minute. Start adding the mushroom water and milk slowly, stiring until boiled.
- Add the seasoning and chopped mushrooms. Rest it on a side.
- Mix the cheese cream and the mushroom bechamel together.
- Bring salted water to boil in a large pot, then add 500g of Rummo Lumachine pasta and cook for 6 minutes. Strain the pasta.
- Mix the pasta with the cheese and porcini cream and place them in a large tray, sprinkle parmesan or pecorino on top and finish it in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10 minutes.
Be first to receive our recipes!
Click on letter to sign up.